469 West Wheatland| Remus, MI 49340
Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives. For more information on the benefits of pre-planning, please feel free to call us at, 989-967-3464, or by clicking the email link at the top of the page.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use. Call or make an appointment with the different funeral homes in your area to see their facility and meet the staff. When dealing with something so personal, you're sure to want a funeral home that makes you and your family feel at ease.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
- Be sure to ask your family what type of service they feel would be beneficial for them. We often think the less the better when it comes to funerals, but often times, the family left to grieve would prefer to have a funeral, memorial, or life celebration service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time. At the conclusion of almost every Pre-arrangment meeting, I'm told, "this was much less painful than I had anticipated." Our warm and inviting facility, and professional and caring staff make this process incredibly simple.